Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pgruening

Default Rounding with the sum formula

I have the cells in a cloumn set to zero decimal places however when I
use the SUM in the same column it seams to be rounding up.

Does anyone know how to get the SUM just to add the visible number in
each cell in that column without doing any rounding?

Thanks

Peter

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26011

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

You have the DISPLAY set to SHOW zero decimal places but the actual value in
the cell will still have the full calculated value. Thus you are adding the
full numbers not the *displayed* numbers. Either round each number to zero
decimal places using the ROUND() function on each entry or select "Precision
as displayed" in Tools Options Calculations

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"pgruening" wrote
in message ...

I have the cells in a cloumn set to zero decimal places however when I
use the SUM in the same column it seams to be rounding up.

Does anyone know how to get the SUM just to add the visible number in
each cell in that column without doing any rounding?

Thanks

Peter

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497395

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pgruening

Thanks for the help!

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26011
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=497395

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

You're very welcome. Seeing my post on the Ng it comes across somewhat
aggressive, sorry I did not mean it that way.

--
Regards

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk