Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Howie

Default Sort data and have it skip everyother row when it is sorted

How can I sort my data in a column and have it a blank row between every entry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

First, I'd just increase the row height so that it looks like the rows are
double spaced. (Inserting empty rows can screw up other things--pivottables,
filters, charts...

But if you want...

Sort the data the way you want (we'll add the blank rows later)

Find an empty column
put 1 in the first row (with data) in that column
Put 2 right under it.

Now select those two cells and drag down the length of your data.

You'll see a nice sequence of numbers--1 through the number of rows you need.

Select that big list of numbers
edit copy
select the cell under the list
edit paste
now you have two sets of numbers 1-### and then 1-### again.

Now sort by that column.

Delete the column when you're done.

--

Dave Peterson