Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Martin

Default Data labels

Excel 2000: The data labels are showing with a white background on a gray
plot area. I have formatted the data label background to the same colour of
gray but it remains white when I print the chart. I'm obviously doing
something wrong. Any suggesions? Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Martin

It is off. I even selected "none" for colour instead of gray, as someone
suggested. It shows gray on the screen, but in print preview the data labels
are with a white background and they print white.

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Excel 2000: The data labels are showing with a white background on a gray
plot area. I have formatted the data label background to the same colour of
gray but it remains white when I print the chart. I'm obviously doing
something wrong. Any suggesions? Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Connie,
See if this helps

XL2000: Unexpected Font or Color Formatting Applied to Chart
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211677
---HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]My Excel Pages:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htmSearch Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Connie Martin"

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Excel 2000: The data labels are showing with a white background on a gray
plot area. I have formatted the data label background to the same colour of
gray but it remains white when I print the chart. I'm obviously doing
something wrong. Any suggesions? Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Martin

That does not appear to help either. What I discovered is that if I send
this chart to print on the colour printer, the labels do not have a white
background, but if I send the chart to print on the non-colour printer (HP
6L) it has white background. So, since I have the option, I will print them
in colour and be done with it. They don't really need to be in colour
because there are only two colours involved and are easily distinguishable in
black/white/gray tones. However, I will stick to colour. There must be a
problem with the printer. Thank you for your input.

"Connie Martin" wrote:

Excel 2000: The data labels are showing with a white background on a gray
plot area. I have formatted the data label background to the same colour of
gray but it remains white when I print the chart. I'm obviously doing
something wrong. Any suggesions? Connie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

I'm not familiar with specific printers, but good that you included that in case anyone wants that information.
Possibly Gray needs color unless you have only black in the printer.
I'd also check the printer options for the specific printers..

"Connie Martin" wrote...