Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NC

Default excel files will not open

I cannot open my excel files without first opening excel. I have tried going
through properties to make sure it is opening with the right program and it
is. Any other thoughts.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

I had a similar problem a while back, had to reinstall office.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then