Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveM

Default Limit of # of different custom views & Automate printing diff view

I have an expense report worksheet consisting of 12 tabs. Each tab has areas
for the appropriate number of weeks that month for doing expenses. I created
custom views (thanks for the help on that 12/27). I did the 4 views for Jan
tab but when I tried to do it for the Feb tab it goes through all the steps
but doesn't actually show the view as it did in the Jan tab. Why? How do I
get around this? How can I put buttons on each tab to allow someone to
automatically view then print a given week's expense report? Thanks for any
assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wjohnson

I think you have to make the Views you want for each sheet. I just tried
it on an example (created a Custom View on Sheet1) when I was on Sheet2
- and run the View - It goes back to Sheet1.
For the button part of selecting the views - You might try doing a
macro - then make a CUSTOM TOOLBAR and adding the macro to the toolbar.

--
wjohnson
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyer

First of all, I believe that anyone using Custom Views should place a
"Custom Views" window on their toolbar or their menu bar.
This displays the name of the current displayed view, plus it has a
drop-down (expanding) feature which allows you to click on any created view,
and go to it instantly, much like a hyper link.

Right click in the toolbar and choose "Customize".
Under the "Commands" tab, click on "View" in the left window.
In the right window, you'll see the "Custom Views" window.
Click on it and drag it either to the toolbar or the menu bar.
While the "Customize" dialog box is *still* open, you can click in the
"Custom Views" window that you just placed to select it, and then you can
drag the left or right border to enlarge it.

Now, when you create your views, include the sheet name, such as "JanView1",
"FebView1".
You'll now be able to "jump" from month to month, view to view, simply by
clicking in the "Custom Views" window.
--
HTH,

RD