Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Martin

Default Worksheet Protection

Is there a way to protect a worksheet so that data can't be changed or
deleted, but give the user freedom to format as they wish, i.e. hide columns,
etc.?

Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
wmaughan

Different versions of excel enable you to have different levels of
protection... What version are you using?

--
wmaughan
wmaughan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

xl2002 offered lots more options when protecting sheets.

Maybe you could provide macros that the users could run when they want to change
stuff.

Your macro could unprotect the sheet, do the formatting changes and then
reprotect the sheet.

Connie Martin wrote:

Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3)

"wmaughan" wrote:

Different versions of excel enable you to have different levels of
protection... What version are you using?

--
wmaughan
wmaughan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29743
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=496389

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Connie Martin

Thank you. I think I'll wait until we upgrade to XL 2002! And who knows
when that'll be! Connie

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

xl2002 offered lots more options when protecting sheets.

Maybe you could provide macros that the users could run when they want to change
stuff.

Your macro could unprotect the sheet, do the formatting changes and then
reprotect the sheet.

Connie Martin wrote:

Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3)