Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
meral

Default Pareto With Excel

Branch U1 U2 U3 U4
a 1 2 2 4
b 2 1 3 2
c 3 4 1 3
d 4 3 5 1
e 5 5 4 5

Hello all here is my table lets explain first!!!

My table show through A1-E6 in excell table, branch names a,b,c...
u1,u2... are criterias that i use.....and ranks in each criterias...
My question is how can i find a branch that is the best with all
criteria...
And rank all branches sequentially....
Branch should be the best with all criteria...First look is it first in
all criteria?
No there is no branch...
Then look 1. and 2. is there any branch 1.or 2. in all criteria??no...
Then look 1.2.3. is there any branch 1.2. or 3. in all criteria???Yeahh
branch b
Ok branch b is my first branch...then abstract branch b from table then
look with the same procedure for the best 2. branch or branches...
I hope explained all... ask any question...thanx from now..

--
meral
meral's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7357

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw

So, in your system, a branch with 1 1 1 3 would rank below a branch
with 2 2 2 2 ? How about a branch with 1 1 1 4, that would rank
below a branch with 3 3 3 3 ?
Maybe you should just add them up and rank by the lowest scores.

"meral" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
meral

Yes dlw you are right if there is 2 2 2 2 and 1 1 1 3
2 2 2 2 is over other branch same for 3 3 3 3 is better then 1 1 1
4...
Here i choose best according to highest scores with in all criteria...
it can be weaken by selecting 3 out of 4 criteria but here i am srictly
choose all criterias....
if there is no branch between 3333 and 1114 so i will choose 3333 is
better than 1114 because in 4.criteria this branch is back of 3333
branch...

This is mathemetical rule known as q-pareto rule...