Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marek Zitnansky

Default Why double click on row line moves me on the end of sheet?

I often work with Microsoft Excel 2003, but one thing makes me angry. Every
time I double click on row line (when I try to double click field and I hit
line by mistake), my selection moves to the end of the sheet. Why Excel does
it? I don't think that anyone uses this for moving down. Would you mind
changing this into next version of MS Excel?

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can actually disable this behavior--but it also disables drag and dropping
of cells (and autofill).

Tools|Options|Edit tab
Uncheck "allow cell drag and drop"

Personally, I like the autofill too much to disable it. (I've learned to be
more careful <bg and when I'm not, I just mumble nasty words.)