Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sohoma Knome

Default add a hire date to the end of year (12/31/05) and get Total years

I need to determine how many years employees have been here. I know the
start date (example 6/02/98) At the end of this year (12/31/2005) this
person has been here 7 1/2 years. What is the formula to have excel figure
this, and display it in number form 7 1/2 or 7.5.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
andyiain

Hi there,

Depending on how accurate you need this to be you could use the formula
=(DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d")/365), where A1 is the employee's start date and B1
is the year end date. This is only an approximation in the sense that
a year isn't 365 days long but for the sake of this exercise it seems
reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Andy

--
andyiain
andyiain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=8335

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Take a look at Chip Pearson's site for =DateDif()
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm