Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCERM

Default Time in a negative format?

I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on Flexi Time but
cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All employees would
normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the sheet displays
30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time is less than
seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final column still
calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking for. Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Try 1904 type date format:

Tools/Options/Calculation tab/(bottom left corner)

Regards,
Stefi

PCERM ezt *rta:

I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on Flexi Time but
cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All employees would
normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the sheet displays
30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time is less than
seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final column still
calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking for. Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCERM

Thank you so much Stefi, that worked a treat and solved a problem I have been
trying to solve for ages.

Best Wishes for the new year and kindest regards.

Peter

"Stefi" wrote:

Try 1904 type date format:

Tools/Options/Calculation tab/(bottom left corner)

Regards,
Stefi

PCERM ezt *rta:

I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on Flexi Time but
cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All employees would
normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the sheet displays
30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time is less than
seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final column still
calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking for. Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Thanks for the feedback, next time ask earlier!

Regards,
Stefi

PCERM ezt *rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Try 1904 type date format:

Tools/Options/Calculation tab/(bottom left corner)

Regards,
Stefi

PCERM ezt *rta:

I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on Flexi Time but
cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All employees would
normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the sheet displays
30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time is less than
seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final column still
calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking for. Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

Note that changing to the 1904 date system will cause all your
existing dates to be off by 4 years and a day.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Stefi" wrote in message
Try 1904 type date format:

Tools/Options/Calculation tab/(bottom left corner)

Regards,
Stefi

"PCERM" ezt rta:

I am trying to set up a time management sheet for workers on
Flexi Time but
cannot work out how to show times in a negative format. All
employees would
normally work 7 hours per day and when they work 7.5 hours the
sheet displays
30 mins extra adding up over the week. However when the time
is less than
seven all that is diplayed is #########. Although the final
column still
calculates the total sum the display is not what I am looking
for. Can
anyone help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCERM

Thanks Chip

In this particular case the sheet is purely to do with times rather than
dates and works well or at least as I want it to appear. I'll bear that in
mind though regarding the dates for future docs.

Thanks again for your input.

Peter