Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norm Lundquist

Default Help on help

At work I use Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2 with Excel 2002. When
I need help, I press F1 from anywhere, I get the normal help with tabs of
"Contents", "Answer Wizard", and "Index". This is the same help for a long
time and it's great to answer most questions.

But at home I use Windows XP Home Edition with Office 2003. I press F1 in
Excel and it tries to search the web. I'D REALLY LIKE THE OLD HELP THAT I
HAVE AT THE OFFICE!! Does anyone know if this is a setting that can be
changed???

THANK YOU!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Although the help in 2003 will never be nearly as good as in Excel 97 (from
then on it have been worse with each version) you can turn off the annoying
web search, open the help task pane, click online content settings, there
you can either uncheck "search online content when connected" or do as I,
just uncheck the whole thing called
"show content and links from microsoft office online".

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Norm Lundquist" wrote in message
At work I use Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP2 with Excel 2002.
When
I need help, I press F1 from anywhere, I get the normal help with tabs of
"Contents", "Answer Wizard", and "Index". This is the same help for a
long
time and it's great to answer most questions.

But at home I use Windows XP Home Edition with Office 2003. I press F1 in
Excel and it tries to search the web. I'D REALLY LIKE THE OLD HELP THAT I
HAVE AT THE OFFICE!! Does anyone know if this is a setting that can be
changed???

THANK YOU!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

On the Help Task Pane, click on Online Content Settings, click on Online
Content, then uncheck Show content and links from Microsoft Office Online.
Click OK, close Excel and restart Excel.