-   -   how do I hit return but stay in the same cell to enter a new line (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/61947-how-do-i-hit-return-but-stay-same-cell-enter-new-line.html)

Bijan001

how do I hit return but stay in the same cell to enter a new line

I want to write multiple lines of text in the same cell. I don't want to use
the wrap text function. I know there is some key strokes I use with the
'reutrn' key that lets me do this but can't figure it out! Please help!

Cheers
Bijan

Ron Coderre

how do I hit return but stay in the same cell to enter a new line

Instead of pressing the [Enter] key....
Hold downt the [Alt] key and press [Enter]

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"Bijan001" wrote:

I want to write multiple lines of text in the same cell. I don't want to use
the wrap text function. I know there is some key strokes I use with the
'reutrn' key that lets me do this but can't figure it out! Please help!

Cheers
Bijan

SteveG

how do I hit return but stay in the same cell to enter a new line

Use Alt-Enter.

Cheers,

Steve

--