Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ixlr84fun

Default worksheet map

I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
in them.

What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

i,
How would that differ from using Trace...dependents, precedents ?
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"ixlr84fun"
wrote in message
ups.com
I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
in them.
What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ixlr84fun

Trace...dependents, precedents i think only work to trace cells in a
worksheet

i want to trace worsheets in a workbook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

i,
This is as close as I can come...
http://makeashorterlink.com/?A11A24B5C
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"ixlr84fun" wrote in message
oups.com
Trace...dependents, precedents i think only work to trace cells in a
worksheet

i want to trace worsheets in a workbook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Hello,
this is an interesting concept.

How do you determine "Mapping"?

Do you want to trace each worksheet in each sheet?

maybe I will think of something. Send me one of the workbooks. Maybe I can
"capture" the Trace dependants in each worksheet then "write" the dependants
into a textbox. not sure if it will work though.. just a thought. Not sure if
VBA will allow me to contain the trace.

- -Mark

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"ixlr84fun" wrote:

I have some fairly complicated excel files with let say 100 worksheets
in them.

What I would like to do is be able to generate a "map" that would
show me graphically how all the worksheets in the file are linked to
each other.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ixlr84fun

Yes it is a very interesting concept and would be ultra useful if I
could make it work.

Attached is a file of what I have and what I would like the output to
look like

Any ideas would be great thanks.

tryed to email to address but bounced