Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert57

Default Problem with Language

Hi
I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in
english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table
or something so I know what to write so you understand.

Robert

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29838

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thiem

Robert

Just go ahead and explain what you want. If we think we can help you,
we will explain what type of fuction to use and and under whicg group
to look for the fuction.

Thiem

--
Thiem
Thiem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27474

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Hi Robert,

In Hungarian Excel we found a FUNCS.XLS file in folding
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\1038
that contained the translation table of English and Hungarian function names.
Have a try, perhaps there is a similar table also in the Swedish version.

Regards,
Stefi

Robert57 ezt *rta:

Hi
I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in
english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table
or something so I know what to write so you understand.

Robert

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29838
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Robert,

If you enter a function in a cell, and then go into the VBIDE (Alt-F11), in
the immediate window (Ctrl-G), just type

?Activecell.Formula

this will give you the English equivalent, as VBA works in English.

--

HTH

RP

"Robert57" wrote in
message ...

Hi
I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in
english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table
or something so I know what to write so you understand.

Robert

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Robert57

Bob Phillips Wrote:
Robert,

If you enter a function in a cell, and then go into the VBIDE
(Alt-F11), in
the immediate window (Ctrl-G), just type

?Activecell.Formula

this will give you the English equivalent, as VBA works in English.

QUOTE]

Tnx Bob
It was an easy way to do it and I will use it in the future.

Robert

The Hungarian way was not working on my Swedish Excel. Tnx anyway.

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29838
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Hi Bob,

Is there a similar way in the opposite direction? E.g. if I receive a
function tip from you in English, does XL have any feature that translate it
into a national language?

Stefi

Bob Phillips ezt *rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

You can download a formula translator he

http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Robert57" wrote in
message ...

Hi
I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in
english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table
or something so I know what to write so you understand.

Robert

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Thanks, Niek, it's a fine add-in, but for the moment it doesn't speak
Hungarian. Maybe it will be added in the future, as it's mentioned in the
About-text!

Regards,
Stefi

Niek Otten ezt *rta:

You can download a formula translator he

http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Robert57" wrote in
message ...

Hi
I'm new here and first problem is for me what to call a function in
english. I'm running a swedish Excel so Do you have a translation table
or something so I know what to write so you understand.

Robert

--
Robert57
Robert57's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495444

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Yep.

In the immediate window:

activecell.formula = "=yourformulahere"

Remember to double up your quotation marks if have them:
activecell.formula = "=if(a1="""","""",a1)

And if you have the formula in R1C1 notation:
activecell.formular1c1 = "=yourformulahere"

(And make sure that the activecell is where you want it <vbg.)

Stefi wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

But this does assume that you have that language version installed.

--

HTH

RP

Stefi wrote:

Hi Bob,

Is there a similar way in the opposite direction? E.g. if I receive a
function tip from you in English, does XL have any feature that

translate it
into a national language?

Stefi

?zBob Phillips? ezt *rta:

[...]

View this thread:

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

Thanks Dave and Bob, that is the case, I run a Hungarian version, and this
translation method works nicely!

Regards,
Stefi

Dave Peterson ezt *rta:

Stefi wrote:

Hi Bob,

Is there a similar way in the opposite direction? E.g. if I receive a
function tip from you in English, does XL have any feature that translate it
into a national language?

Stefi

âžBob Phillips❠ezt Ã*rta: