Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LittlePalms

Default Forms, Dropdowns, and Automated Information

Okay, so a complicated title to say this:

I need to be able to choose an item from a dropdown, and have them fill
in automatically. Example:

List Item (Cell A1) --- Number of Legs (Cell A3) --- Color (Cell A4)
Chair --- 4 --- Blue
Dog --- 4 --- Black
Stool --- 3 --- Green
Human --- 2 --- Various

I would like to be able to use text and values... if I can only use
values, that's fine... but I prefer to be able to use text as well. I
actually have a formula that will be inserting anywhere from 5 to 10
numbers. The numbers never change... but there are over 350 items to
list. EG: Chair would always contain 4 legs, and always be blue.

Hopefully I've been clear. Please advise. Thanks!

--
LittlePalms
LittlePalms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29835

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Norman Jones

Hi LittlePalms,

See Help on the VLookup function.

See also Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"LittlePalms"
wrote in message

Okay, so a complicated title to say this:

I need to be able to choose an item from a dropdown, and have them fill
in automatically. Example:

List Item (Cell A1) --- Number of Legs (Cell A3) --- Color (Cell A4)
Chair --- 4 --- Blue
Dog --- 4 --- Black
Stool --- 3 --- Green
Human --- 2 --- Various

I would like to be able to use text and values... if I can only use
values, that's fine... but I prefer to be able to use text as well. I
actually have a formula that will be inserting anywhere from 5 to 10
numbers. The numbers never change... but there are over 350 items to
list. EG: Chair would always contain 4 legs, and always be blue.

Hopefully I've been clear. Please advise. Thanks!

--
LittlePalms
LittlePalms's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495431

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluserforeman

Please send this info and more also worksheet with layout.

http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

"LittlePalms" wrote:

Okay, so a complicated title to say this:

I need to be able to choose an item from a dropdown, and have them fill
in automatically. Example:

List Item (Cell A1) --- Number of Legs (Cell A3) --- Color (Cell A4)