Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mjack003

Default <TAB problem

Hi,

Is it possible that when the <TAB key is hit the active row is
down....not right? I know in ToolsOptions you can change the
direction of the <ENTER key but I need the same result with tab. Any
suggestions would be great.

Best Regards,
Mjack

--
mjack003
mjack003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5141

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If you select the range, then the tab key follows that selection.

I selected A1:A10, then b1:b10, then C1:C10 (I held the control key down when I
selected the second and third ranges), then the tab key followed each column in
the selected area.

I saved this from a Gord Dibben post:

One method is......make a named range for your cells then select this name
from the namebox.

Assume you want to go from D10 to A1 to B4 to C8

Hold CRTL key down as you select cells. Start with second cell(A1 in this
case) then select B4, C8 and last D10.

With cells still selected, go to InsertNameDefine. Type in a name and OK.

De-select cells by clicking on any other cell. Now click on namebox(just
above row1 and left of column A. Pick your name from the list. Your range
will be highlighted with D10 as active cell. Enter your data then hit ENTER
key to move through the range.

=====
And it works with tabs, too (well, if the sheet isn't protected)

mjack003 wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible that when the <TAB key is hit the active row is
down....not right? I know in ToolsOptions you can change the
direction of the <ENTER key but I need the same result with tab. Any
suggestions would be great.

Best Regards,
Mjack

--
mjack003
mjack003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5141
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495376

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Maybe with some extensive code(which would be far beyond my capability) but
there is no option to change the direction of the Tab key.

If you unlock the one column and lock all the others, the Tab key will move
down in that unlocked column.

Worksheet Protection must be enabled for this.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP