Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pauloreiss

Default Modifying a Chart Object Name

Im making a MACRO to alter montly many different files with the same
paddern. In these files there are many sheets with a few Charts. Those
charts are two for INCOME and two for PROFIT in each sheet. My problem
is that the name of the Charts in the macro appear with the number that
Excel applyed to it and i would like to make standar names for each
Chart. This way there would be only 4 chart names for each sheet,
instead of 16 diferent chart names for the 4 sheets in the file im
working.
This is how the part of the macro looks:

ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Gráfico 8").Activate

I would like to make "Gráfico 8" to be "Profit1"...

Anyone knows how to do this!???
Thanks...

--
pauloreiss
pauloreiss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29820

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pauloreiss

HELP ME PLZ!!!

--
pauloreiss
pauloreiss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29820
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495253

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pauloreiss

Plz people... I dont know where else to ask... In the HELP there wasnt
anything.

--
pauloreiss
pauloreiss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29820
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=495253

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cutter

There are plenty of hits for "Change chart name" in Google

Try this: (from Debra Dalgleish)
"Hold the Ctrl key, and click on the chart to select it
Click in the Name Box, to the left of the formula bar
Type a new name for the chart
Press the Enter key"

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

....within the visual basic editor (where you are looking at the code for your
macro) you should be able to just change the name. Highlight "Grafico1" and
type "profit1" in its place.

"pauloreiss" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pauloreiss

Thanks... I would never look that little box... It worked!