Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Linds

Default I need for a value to appear in a cell.

I have one cell that I need to type in one of two letters and have the next
cell equal a monetary value. How can I do this? For example, if they type
in A I need it to be $19. If I type in B I need it to read $33.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Type the letter in A1 and in B11 put the formula:

=IF(A1="A",19,if(A1="B",33,"")) and format B1 as currency
--
Gary''s Student

"Linds" wrote:

I have one cell that I need to type in one of two letters and have the next
cell equal a monetary value. How can I do this? For example, if they type
in A I need it to be $19. If I type in B I need it to read $33.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BenjieLop

Linds Wrote:
I have one cell that I need to type in one of two letters and have the
next
cell equal a monetary value. How can I do this? For example, if they
type
in A I need it to be $19. If I type in B I need it to read $33.

From your given data, your formula would be

=IF(A1=\"A\",19,IF(A1=\"B\",33,\"\"))

The above formula will return a blank if your entry is neither "A" nor
"B" ... hope this helps you.

Regards.

--
BenjieLop