Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sebafishman

Default ExceL Options: Add a chart for Box-plot type and Range function

I am a Process Engineer in a semiconductor manufacturing facility. I have 2
suggestions

1. I use extensivelly a range calculation which is simply the maximum value
minus the minimum of a population. It would be very useful to have a function
(called range) to have it done at once instead of having to type max()-min().

2. For populations comparisons we use box plots. It would be nice to have a
chart type for box plots.

Thanks,
Sebastian Fishman

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR

If your range is named, say "population", then you can use that name in you
formula.
=MAX(population)-MIN(population). If the numbers in the range fluctuate in
length down the page (e.g. sometimes you have 400 numbers and other times you
have 500) then make the "population" range extend to line 600. This way you
never have to adjust the range; just put in your new numbers and the
calculation is made.