Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MikeLinPA

Default Make rulers available in excel!

This is a quote from Office Excel Help, "Unlike Microsoft Word, Excel does
not provide a horizontal or vertical ruler, and there is no quick way to
measure the width or height of a worksheet in inches." Well, why not? (Just
the fact that it is written so clearly in Excel Help means I am not the only
one to look for it.

Make rulers available in ALL office apps, not just Word. Getting columns
and rows to fit correctly on a page is important. It shouldn't be a chore.
Just make the rulers available so we can see what we are doing without having
to go into and out of page setup and the format funtions. (Clarisworks did a
decade ago.) Office 2003 takes up half a CD-ROM and is chock full of
features I will never use. But Clarisworks V3 is a 10 MB install and still
has more usefull features for the avarage person. The only reason I use
Office 2003 Professional is for compatibility with others. Please stop
bloating it and make it more functional for basic users like me.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

<without having to go into and out of page setup

You don't have to. Choose Page break preview in the View menu. You can go on
entering formulas and values and you can manually drag page breaks.
Of course one can imagine even better ways to do this. But I just wanted to
make sure you know what the present possibilities are already

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"MikeLinPA" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MikeLinPA

Thank you. I did know about draging the margins, but I did not know I could
still enter data from this view. I was thinking more in terms of optimizing
column widths and row heights. It's not perfect, but it will help.

Thanks again.