Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkM

Default getpivotdata function

In Excel 2000, can I have more than one data field in my pivot table and
still use the GETPIVOTDATA function?

My pivot table is laid out as such:
Date
DesShop Pathway Data 200501 200502
240 Database Sum of DeliveryQty 12 14
Sum of DeliveryAmt 15853 15652
Retail Sum of DeliveryQty 3 4
Sum of DeliveryAmt 2997 7888
Grassroots Sum of DeliveryQty 0
Sum of DeliveryAmt 0
Managed Care Sum of DeliveryQty 1
Sum of DeliveryAmt 1995
240 St. Peterburg Sum of DeliveryQty 16 18
240 St. Peterburg Sum of DeliveryAmt 20845 23540

If I only have the Sum of DeliveryAmt data field in my table the
GETPIVOTDATA function works. But I cannot figure out how to get it to work
with both data fields on my table. I have tried changing the Pivot_table to
reference the cell number (C8) and also tried to enter in the data field name
(Sum of DeliveryAmt) but can not get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

What version of Excel are you using?
What's the formula that works when you hae only one data field?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkM

I am in Excel 2000.

If I have my table set up with only one data field (DeliveryAmt) the
GETPIVOTDATA formula =GETPIVOTDATA(A5,"240 St. Peterburg Database 200501")
works, it gets 15853.

Sum of DeliveryAmt Date
DesShop Pathway 200501
240 St. Peterburg Database 15853
Retail 2997
Grassroots 0
Managed Care 1995
240 St. Peterburg Total 20845

Cell A5 has the data field Sum of DeliveryAmt. When I add another data
field, sum of DeliveryQty it then puts the two data fields in column C and A5
is blank, see example from original post. I change A5 to C8, which is the
cell that the DeliveryAmt is located in but the formula does not work, I get
a #REF message. I have tried entering the field name DeliveryAmt, Sum of
DeliveryAmt and get a #NAME message.

Thanks for helping with this.

MarkM wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MarkM

Debra, Thanks for your help. I figurded out what I needed to do. I created
a named range for the entire pivot table and used that for the reference
field. I was also missing the Sum of DeliveryAmt in the name range. So my
function looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA(PivotTable,"'240 St. Peterburg'
'Database' '200501' 'Sum of DeliveryAmt'")