Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ira.Stoller

Default drop-down lists in marco

Hello,

I'm using a macro to move selected non-contiguous data from one excel sheet
to another in the same workbook. Some of the data to be moved has been
selected from drop-down lists which appear in the source sheet, but not the
destination. When trying to run the macro I get the following error:

"A formula or sheet you want to move contains the name 'name', which already
exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version of the
name?
.. To use the name as defined in the destination sheet, click yes.
.. To rename the range refered to in the formula or worksheet, click no, and
enter a new name in the Name Conflict dialog box."

If I try to rename the range as suggested it works one time only. Next time
I run the macro I get the same error message and what's more I can no longer
use the new name I had chose previously.

I tried using paste special, values, but there seems to be a limitation on
the number of paste specials that can be used in a row. On the fifth attempt
paste special is greyed out.

Any suggestions as to how I can resolve this? Thanks in advance for your
help.
--
Ira