Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gladys

Default first row on all pages

My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2

The spread sheet goes through column AD

When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
work. The data is only printed on page 1

Any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Gladys

Although I cannot replicate the problem using your description.........

Try un-merging the cells in A:J and use the "Center across selection" method
instead.

Can be found at FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontal.

Merged cells cause no end of problems with many Excel functions/features.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:26:03 -0800, Gladys
wrote:

My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2

The spread sheet goes through column AD

When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
work. The data is only printed on page 1

Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gladys

Hi,

I tried centering across selection also and this does not work.

I am using Excel 2003 if this helps. If you would like I can send you the
spreadsheet.

wrote:

My Spreadsheet first 2 rows has data in columns A - which is merged through
Column J for centering purposes - That is the only thing on Rows 1 and 2

The spread sheet goes through column AD

When I setup page to have first two rows repeat at the top - it does not
work. The data is only printed on page 1

Any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

Excel does quirky things sometimes.......

Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the
merged cells, type in your first two lines and try again.

It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gladys

I've even tried creating a new document with data in just the first few rows.
I still get the same results. I've tried this on a couple of machines running
excel 2003.

"tghcogo" wrote:

Excel does quirky things sometimes.......

Try opening a new workbook and copying your data to it without the
merged cells, type in your first two lines and try again.

It's the equivalent of thumping the TV to bring the picture back lol.

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494715

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

Hmmm

How do you enter the details for rows to repeat, you must use absolute
references, in fact it's better to use the mouse and the locator icon
in the "Rows to Repeat field."

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494715

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gladys

Yup...That's what I do!

I click on Page setup
I click on the Sheet Tab
I click on the collapse down button in the "rows repeat at the top" window
I select row 1 and 2
I click on the collpse up button
and select ok.

I've ran detect and repair - I've tried a spreadsheet from scratch - I am
lost.

"tghcogo" wrote:

Hmmm

How do you enter the details for rows to repeat, you must use absolute
references, in fact it's better to use the mouse and the locator icon
in the "Rows to Repeat field."

TGHC

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494715

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

I'm lost now, the only thing I can think of is perhaps it's your
printer, unless of course it replicates on different printers.

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494715

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

If it's just a page heading you want you could set up a
header........I'm grasping at straws now.

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=494715

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gladys

Thanks again!

I ended up having the user use the header and adjust margins so It appears
that it is in the rows right above. I am still confused though.

SO if any of you Excel MVP out there Knows how to fix this - please let me
know.

Happy Holidays!