Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sky Yeo

Default How do i compare two excel sheet and get it to show me diff.

How to do do a differences check of two excel sheet of two different version.
Can Excel shows and direct me to the cell or format that has change from the
original copy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could use a program written by Myrna Larson and Bill Manville.

You can find a copy on Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sky Yeo

Hi Dave,

I have tested it. I does help but it can be further improve,

First, it does not compare the files rather two worksheet, hence i
workaround to copy the sheet to the file and run that. I also hit a error
message of "Run-time error 1004". But the sheet still pop up to show the
difference, Will be nice it can be arrange side by side and a link to quickly
point to the diff

Anyway, your pointer is a great step forward.

Sky Yeo wrote:

How to do do a differences check of two excel sheet of two different version.
Can Excel shows and direct me to the cell or format that has change from the
original copy

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The code in Myrna and Bill's addin is open so you can enhance it as you see fit.

(It does a lot more than I've attempted.)

Sky Yeo wrote:

How to do do a differences check of two excel sheet of two different version.
Can Excel shows and direct me to the cell or format that has change from the
original copy

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sky, You can check our Compare It! tool - it can comapre xls files. It
tuns on Windows platform only.

Igor Green
http://www.grigsoft.com/
Compare It! + Synchronize It! - files and folders comparison never was
easier!