Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
~JOSh-X

Default How can I add a small .gif in an Excel cell?

I'm trying to add a couple of small pictures in cells, but having no luck.

I want to have (for each song entry) a pdf picture that will link to a PDF
file with lyrics and chords. And the same with another picture of a Word
document that links to custom made lead sheets.

The problem is that I can't put a picture inside a cell. This may not seem
like a problem to most, but I'm using the AutoFilter function, and I want to
be able to filter by whether an entry has the picture in the cell or not.

If you can help me, that would be great! Thanks in advance for your time
and efforts!

~JOSh-X
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Put a character in the cell behind the .gif, and AutoFilter on that
character......if it's appearance offends you, change it's font color to the
same as the background..........this works in XL2k, but for some reason I
can't even put a .gif in XL97,,,,,too tired now to try any more
tonight.....bedtime in St. Petersburg.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"~JOSh-X" wrote in message
I'm trying to add a couple of small pictures in cells, but having no luck.

I want to have (for each song entry) a pdf picture that will link to a PDF
file with lyrics and chords. And the same with another picture of a Word
document that links to custom made lead sheets.

The problem is that I can't put a picture inside a cell. This may not

seem
like a problem to most, but I'm using the AutoFilter function, and I want

be able to filter by whether an entry has the picture in the cell or not.

If you can help me, that would be great! Thanks in advance for your time
and efforts!

~JOSh-X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
~JOSh-X

But when I go to use the filter part, all the images just bunch up because
they're not actually attached to that cell, they just sorta float above the
cell...

At least, that's what's happening as best I can describe it...

~JOSh-X

"~JOSh-X" wrote in message
I'm trying to add a couple of small pictures in cells, but having no luck.

I want to have (for each song entry) a pdf picture that will link to a PDF
file with lyrics and chords. And the same with another picture of a Word
document that links to custom made lead sheets.

The problem is that I can't put a picture inside a cell. This may not

seem
like a problem to most, but I'm using the AutoFilter function, and I want

be able to filter by whether an entry has the picture in the cell or not.

If you can help me, that would be great! Thanks in advance for your time
and efforts!

~JOSh-X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Whick Version of Excel are you using?
I'll check it out again tonight.....in the mean time, check to be sure each
image is smaller than the cell itself....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"~JOSh-X" wrote in message
I'm trying to add a couple of small pictures in cells, but having no

luck.

I want to have (for each song entry) a pdf picture that will link to a

PDF
file with lyrics and chords. And the same with another picture of a

Word
document that links to custom made lead sheets.

The problem is that I can't put a picture inside a cell. This may not

seem
like a problem to most, but I'm using the AutoFilter function, and I

want
be able to filter by whether an entry has the picture in the cell or

not.

If you can help me, that would be great! Thanks in advance for your

time
and efforts!

~JOSh-X

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I checked it out in XL97 using .jpg's and the sorting feature works fine, (
based on a character or word in the cell in the background) as long as the
picture is smaller than the cell and wholly contained therein. The picture
just goes with the cell. That's the same way it worked with .gif's in
XL2k.............if it's still not working for you, post back and we'll try
to figure it out, or maybe someone else will have another idea........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3