Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chip_pyp

Default Simple Formula

I have a spreadsheet that I am using for check in and check outs. I was
wondering if i could write a formua or a simple macro that when a cell is
blank it does nothing, but as soon as the designated cell has any value it
does a strike thru a number of cells....ie. a1, b1, c1 all have values. d1 is
blank. d1 gets any value. after d1 has a value the formula would now
strikethru all a1, b1, c1, d1.

what woudl a formula or macro look like for something like that. i was
hoping it would all be automated instead of having to run a macro each time
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

highlight columns A:D and select Format-Conditional Formatting. Select
formula is and insert
=NOT(ISBLANK($D1))
and hit the format button and check the strikehtrough box.
hit enter twice

Now anytime you put any value in D the whole row will be crossed out.