Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cjtj4700

Default VBA help (and other) please

Me again,
A few items:
1) I have plugged this into VB to deny print unless user has selected valid
info from dropdowns:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint_(Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel As Boolean
Cancel = IsEmpty(ShippingRequestForm)(W11, W13, B10, B14, B18, B23,
B37, D37, N37)

Needless to say, ain't workin' & I know nada about VB but trying! Where did
I muck this up at?

2)I have 2 cells with DV (W11 & W13). Trying to make it so user can not
bypass these without choosing from dropdowns. Formula works:
(=IF($W$13="Prepaid,Collect","okay","Invalid"). I can still tab right
through it. If I type anything other than, the error message does work
though. What do I need to add? Additional nested function? Or seperate
formula all together?

3)Dynamic DV list, @ $D$37 for "Description", want same "IsEmpty" rule also
with the ability for me to nest a list of invalid entries ("Documents",
"Docs", "Gift" etc) resulting in error message.
Thx for the email Debra. Gord, Dave et al have been above and beyond. Feel
like I've attended an XL seminar!
Hey Gord, after these my (Your!) beloved Shipping Request Form will be done.
I'll send a copy to you for Xmas! LOL

Thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

"cjtj4700" wrote in message
Me again,
A few items:
1) I have plugged this into VB to deny print unless user has selected

valid
info from dropdowns:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint_(Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel As Boolean
Cancel = IsEmpty(ShippingRequestForm)(W11, W13, B10, B14, B18, B23,
B37, D37, N37)

Needless to say, ain't workin' & I know nada about VB but trying! Where

did
I muck this up at?

Guessing here

Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint_(Cancel As Boolean)
Cancel = Application.COUNTA(Worksheets("ShippingRequestForm ").Range( _
"W11, W13, B10, B14, B18, B23, B37, D37, N37"))
End Sub

2)I have 2 cells with DV (W11 & W13). Trying to make it so user can not
bypass these without choosing from dropdowns. Formula works:
(=IF($W$13="Prepaid,Collect","okay","Invalid"). I can still tab right
through it. If I type anything other than, the error message does work
though. What do I need to add? Additional nested function? Or seperate
formula all together?

Don't you just assume Invalid then? Is that wrong? You could use the
BeforeClose to trap these fileds,a nd if not filled, don't let them close.

3)Dynamic DV list, @ $D$37 for "Description", want same "IsEmpty" rule

also
with the ability for me to nest a list of invalid entries ("Documents",
"Docs", "Gift" etc) resulting in error message.
Thx for the email Debra. Gord, Dave et al have been above and beyond. Feel
like I've attended an XL seminar!
Hey Gord, after these my (Your!) beloved Shipping Request Form will be

done.
I'll send a copy to you for Xmas! LOL

Don't understand about nested invalid entries.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cjtj4700

Thx Bob.

The code still doesn't work but I didn't expect it to as I know nothing
about applying my specific info to these helpful codes. I may forget about
that if I can get the other formulas to work. Doing that would give me the
same result: a properly completed form.
Regarding item #2, blank is not allowed. They must specify whether the
shipment is "Business" or "Personal" (W11) & "Prepaid" or "Collect" (W13).
Internal compliance on this is wasting tons of labor hours (dozens of
incorrect / incomplete forms per day).

Item #3 - I tend to use incorrect terms. Sorry. I need an error message if a
user attempts to type 5 specific descriptions that frequently arrive in my
traffic dept. (Intl. shipments do not allow "Document" or "Gift" as the
description. Must be more specific, "Proposals" or "Fruitcake sent as gift"
etc.). Do dynamic ranges not recognize un-checking "Ignore blank"? Or does
this work hand in hand with a formula?

Thx