Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nicholea

Default Automatically Indicating Payments Due

I need to keep a fairly basic accounts receivable database and would
like to know if there is a way for excel to automatically indicate when
payments are due. I need to set it up so that I can enter when the
invoice was sent and also when it is due. When the due date has
arrived, I would like for excel to highlight the vendor that is due or
change the color of the selection AUTOMATICALLY. Please let me know if
this is possible and how it can be done!

Thanks!

--
nicholea
nicholea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29649

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

nicholea

Answered this for you yesterday and posted but here it is again.....

FormatCondtional Formatting is the way to go.

Select the vendor due date cell(I'll call it C2) and CFFormula is:

=$C2=TODAY() + 2 The +2 gives two days notice that due date is coming soon.

You can delete that if you want no notice.

Note the $ sign to anchor the formula to Column C for copying down.

Pick a color from the FormatPatterns and OK your way out.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:38:58 -0600, nicholea
wrote:

I need to keep a fairly basic accounts receivable database and would
like to know if there is a way for excel to automatically indicate when
payments are due. I need to set it up so that I can enter when the
invoice was sent and also when it is due. When the due date has
arrived, I would like for excel to highlight the vendor that is due or
change the color of the selection AUTOMATICALLY. Please let me know if
this is possible and how it can be done!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nicholea

I'm sorry, I did not see your first response to my post, but thanks for
answering it again. I still have been unable to accomplish what I was
trying to do using the formula:

=$C2=TODAY() +2

I am new to excel and unfamiliar with formulas, so I'm not sure if I
was supposed to input any additional information to make the formula
work (other than the active cell information) When I entered the
formula into a cell, sometimes the word TRUE would pop up and sometimes
FALSE, which is not what I was hoping for. My spreadsheet has a column
for the invoice date and a column for the invoice due date. Is this
the formula I would use for the due date to turn a different color
automatically once the date has arrived?
I would really appreciate any additional step by step explanation you
could give.

Thanks.

--
nicholea
nicholea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29649
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493790

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Hi, the formula does not go into a cell, it goes into Conditional
Formatting. Start by selecting your data....say A1:D100 then goto
Format/Conditional Formatting, in the drop down menu select "formula
is" and type your formula, the formula must reference the first row of
your selection in order to work properly. Then click on the "Format"
button and choose your format.

Good Luck!
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

As Gord told you use formatconditional formattingformula is and then put
the formula there, look in help for conditional formatting

Peo Sjoblom

"nicholea" wrote in
message ...