Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saxman

Default Copy/Paste

I need to delay the the follwing copy/paste operations in a macro with a
time interval of 30 seconds. Is this possible?

Sheets("Show").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Chartdata").Select
Range("B2").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

Sheets("Show").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Chartdata").Select
Range("C2").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

and so on...................The source data ("Show") changes every 30 secs.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

Is this a follow-on to your previous post? I didn't realize it would
have to run continuously throughout the day. If that's the case you'd
need to set up the Timer function inside a Do Loop structure, along
with Calculate commands that allow the spreadsheet to update.
Additionally you will likely need code that triggers the update event.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saxman

On 15 Dec 2005 06:06:44 -0800, Dave O wrote:

Is this a follow-on to your previous post?

That's right! I'm still struggling!

I didn't realize it would
have to run continuously throughout the day. If that's the case you'd
need to set up the Timer function inside a Do Loop structure, along
with Calculate commands that allow the spreadsheet to update.
Additionally you will likely need code that triggers the update event.

A Do Loop for every copy/paste? Maybe you could give me the bare bones of
a code, so I would know what it looks like? Then maybe I could proceed
from there.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe you could use application.ontime to run your code every 30 seconds???

Chip Pearson has lots of instructions at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

--

Dave Peterson