Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MJWest

Default entering data on form

I am trying to help a local organization with a problem. First they have no
funds and cannot purchase Access. That being said, I need to create some
system so that 2-3 different people can enter data into a spreadsheet and not
screw things up each time. Being able to enter data on a form that will
populate a worksheet will be the answer. They won't need to do any typical
database stuff, just enter information and make sure it gets to the workbook.
Most of these people will nto have access to or need to see the actual
spreadsheet, just enter information. This spreadsheet will be about 25-30
columns of data and might be as many as 500 rows a year. ANY suggestions or
assistance on how to set up a form that will enter data onto a spreadsheet
will be GREATLY appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ScottO

Do a search in Excel help using "Excel Template Wizard". That should
give you exactly what you're looking for.
Rgds,
ScottO

"MJWest" wrote in message
| I am trying to help a local organization with a problem. First they
have no
| funds and cannot purchase Access. That being said, I need to create
some
| system so that 2-3 different people can enter data into a
spreadsheet and not
| screw things up each time. Being able to enter data on a form that
will
| populate a worksheet will be the answer. They won't need to do any
typical
| database stuff, just enter information and make sure it gets to the
workbook.
| Most of these people will nto have access to or need to see the
actual
| spreadsheet, just enter information. This spreadsheet will be about
25-30
| columns of data and might be as many as 500 rows a year. ANY
suggestions or
| assistance on how to set up a form that will enter data onto a
spreadsheet
| will be GREATLY appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MJWest

I did but (baseddon what I read and TRIED to understand) it seems to speak in
circles. "Do this, but do this first, then when you get this done..." Don't
mean to unload, but I feel as though I get double speak when I read the help
files. I think I can create a form and make it a template, but I can't find
details of how the data is linked to a spreadsheet and how to insure data is
added to that spreadsheet. Thanks for your response.

MJW