Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pspeed

Default Excel 2003 macros

I have made many macros in Excel and now that I am getting a co-worker would
like to know how to successfully copy/give them to her to use on her computer
(Excel 2003 running on XP operating system). Thx.
--
Pauline Speed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

Give her copies of the workbooks that the macros are in. If you're thinking
of your Personal.xls macros that file is usually in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

--
Jim
"pspeed" wrote in message
|I have made many macros in Excel and now that I am getting a co-worker
would
| like to know how to successfully copy/give them to her to use on her
computer
| (Excel 2003 running on XP operating system). Thx.
| --
| Pauline Speed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Copy all the macros to module(s) in a new workbook.

FileSave AsFile TypeAdd-in(*.xla)

Send her the file and tell her to put it into her Office\Library.

She can then activate it by going to ToolsAdd-ins and checkmark it.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:09:40 -0800, pspeed
wrote:

I have made many macros in Excel and now that I am getting a co-worker would
like to know how to successfully copy/give them to her to use on her computer
(Excel 2003 running on XP operating system). Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pspeed

Thank you, Gord. However, when you said 'tell her to put it into her
Office\Library' I'm not sure how to go about doing that. When it is saved as
an .xla file, will that file appear in the Tools\AddIns available dialogue
box?

I also have custom icons and custom menu bars and would like those to be
transferred also, if possible.
--
Pauline Speed

wrote:

I have made many macros in Excel and now that I am getting a co-worker would
like to know how to successfully copy/give them to her to use on her computer
(Excel 2003 running on XP operating system). Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

When you save the file as an add-in it will be saved in your default folder
which you have set up In ToolsOptionsGeneral.

You would copy it from there to a floppy or other removable media and carry it
over to her computer.

Copy from the floppy to her Office\Library folder.

It will appear in her list of ToolsAdd-ins.

As far as the custom toolbars and menu items goes, there is no easy way to do
this without transferring your Excelx.xlb file also, which destroys any of her
customizations.

Read this google search result.

http://snipurl.com/ksoo

Dave Peterson discusses the subject in question.

And check out Jan Karel Pieterse's site for how to distribute macros.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro02.htm

Gord