Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sorrywm

Default evenly spaced page breaks

I have a document that I would like to print on 8.5 x 11 paper and then cut
so that each page is the size of a standard envelope (my printer does not
support envelope-size paper). In order to space out my data on the worksheet
so that it fits onto these envelope-sized pieces of paper, I'd like to be
able to insert page breaks every 3.67 inches, edit my document a bit, and
then remove the page breaks. Is there an easy way to do this? I am using
Excel 97.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carole Drake

I don't have 97, have you tried FilePage Setup
then look for the paper size you want in the Paper Size box?

What I do is a 'print preview' to see where the dotted lines will appear,
then just add rows until things come on the pages centered the way I like
them.

So, I would guess that if you don't have the right page size, you could
still do a 'print preview' and see where the dotted lines will come on the
page and put only that much on each page.

Carole

"sorrywm" wrote:

I have a document that I would like to print on 8.5 x 11 paper and then cut
so that each page is the size of a standard envelope (my printer does not
support envelope-size paper). In order to space out my data on the worksheet
so that it fits onto these envelope-sized pieces of paper, I'd like to be
able to insert page breaks every 3.67 inches, edit my document a bit, and
then remove the page breaks. Is there an easy way to do this? I am using
Excel 97.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sorrywm

Thank you, but since my printer does not support the size of paper I want, I
unfortunately cannot select it as a paper size under Page Setup. I can
manually insert page breaks at intervals, but even then I have to estimate
where the 1/3 of a page falls, since there is no ruler on the Print Preview
screen.