Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CONCATENATE Excel function

Default How do I condense several cells to make address labels?

I cannot seem to figure out the CONCATENATE function. I have an enormous
amount of info. on a spreadsheet, from which I would like to extrapolate
information to make a address label database. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jen

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info. It works now, but I am having a hard time getting one
cell to go underneath the other..I used the CHAR(10), but am working from
Switz & on a French keyboard & system, so am not sure that CHAR is the same
in French...any ideas????

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

It should show up immediately - if you have calculation set to Automatic
(see Tools/Options/Calculation)

Andy.

"Jen" wrote in message

"Stephen" wrote:

"CONCATENATE Excel function" <CONCATENATE Excel
wrote in message
I cannot seem to figure out the CONCATENATE function. I have an enormous
amount of info. on a spreadsheet, from which I would like to
extrapolate
information to make a address label database. How do I do this?

CONCATENATE simply joins the text from two (or more) cells. For example,
with "qwe" in A1 and "rty" in B1,
=CONCATENATE(A1,B1)
will give "qwerty".
However, it's a redundant function since the much simler formula
=A1&B1
does the same thing.

Thank you very much..it's the first time I use this function:-)))
Just one more question, does the result of this formula show up right away
or do I have to do soemthing else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Select an empty cell
then hit alt-f11 (to see the VBE, where macros live)
then hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)

Type this and hit enter:
activecell.formula = "=char(10)"

Then back to excel and look at the formula bar with that cell still selected.
(Excel will translate the VBA code for you.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Just for info.

Most labelling programs like the data to be in separate columns, not all in
one.

i.e. if you were to use Word for making the labels with Excel as the data
source you would need the data in separate columns. Each record on its own
row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP