Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sluppo

Default 'file in use' not showing

Dear all,

I'm new in this forum, sorry if problem I'm explaining isn't new for
you.
I try to explain with my poor English: in company where I am, users
works with Windows XP and Office XP sp3. Some times when they opens
excel file on a network share already opened by someone, doesn't
receives the usual notification "file in use".
I'm supposing that is caused by slow network performances.
Someone can help me?

TNX and sorry for my bad English

--
sluppo
sluppo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29606

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I have the same problem where I work...........but it's only with one file
here, and only certain conputers (not yet defined). I'll be looking forward
to the answers you get here............

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sluppo" wrote:

Dear all,

I'm new in this forum, sorry if problem I'm explaining isn't new for
you.
I try to explain with my poor English: in company where I am, users
works with Windows XP and Office XP sp3. Some times when they opens
excel file on a network share already opened by someone, doesn't
receives the usual notification "file in use".
I'm supposing that is caused by slow network performances.
Someone can help me?

TNX and sorry for my bad English

--
sluppo
sluppo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29606
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493036

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sluppo

"sluppo" wrote:

Dear all,

I'm new in this forum, sorry if problem I'm explaining isn't new for
you.
I try to explain with my poor English: in company where I am, users
works with Windows XP and Office XP sp3. Some times when they opens
excel file on a network share already opened by someone, doesn't
receives the usual notification "file in use".
I'm supposing that is caused by slow network performances.
Someone can help me?

TNX and sorry for my bad English

--
sluppo

sluppo's Profile:

View this thread:

Really, the user here have the same problem: at now the file affected
from this issue is one.. :(

Ciao