Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Reynolds

Default Paste function is greyed out in the toolbar and I can't use ctl V - worksheet won't allow pasting

Hello,

I have a problem the my paste function. Whenever I copy (copy seems to work
ok with the marquee and selection process) and then try to paste the data
into another cell, it won't let me. the Paste function is greyed out. The
worksheet is unprotected and I'm in Excel 2003.
Any ideas.
Bob Reynolds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Do you have any event macros running--maybe worksheet_selectionchange??

Lots of macros will kill the clipboard.

If you close excel and reopen in safe mode (one way to stop macros from
running), does it work ok?

Close excel
windows start button|Run
excel /safe
file|open your workbook and test it out.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Reynolds

Thanks for the input, that did it for that workbook. Now I must find the
macro creating the problem so I can fix it. Is there any generic statements
that one can think of specifically or I guess I have to go with each one and
check it out?

Thanks again.

Bob Reynolds wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem the my paste function. Whenever I copy (copy seems to
work
ok with the marquee and selection process) and then try to paste the data
into another cell, it won't let me. the Paste function is greyed out. The
worksheet is unprotected and I'm in Excel 2003.
Any ideas.
Bob Reynolds

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't know what code kills the clipboard. But when you're testing you can
pepper your code with lines like:

debug.print "step 99: " & application.cutcopymode
'do step 99
debug.print "step 100: " & application.cutcopymode

When you look at the the immediate window, you'll be able to see where it
changed status.

Kind of a divide and conquer technique.