Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
E. Nufizinuf

Default links within excel don't work when workbook is e-mailed - why ?

I want to e-mail an excel workbook and have links within the document work
when the recipient opens the file. The links are mainly within the workbook
itself as navigational aids. The links don't work when my recipients open
the workbook.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCM

I assume link refers to a formula that references another file on your
computer. When sending a file with a link, the recipient will open the file
& excel will keep the original values since it won't update the link without
having access to that folder. The recipient can change the source of the
link in the edit menu at the bottom under "links"