-   -   multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59970-multiply-hours-minutes-times-dollars-total-dollar-amount.html)

Anakin0303

multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount

I've created a spreadsheet to track billable hours, but am having trouble
with the totals.

Example: I have a cell which calculates the total number of hours, but then
I need to multiply the hours by the dollar per hour to get a total dollar
amount. Please help! :-)

Peo Sjoblom

multiply hours/minutes times dollars for total dollar amount

Try

=total+24*rate

format as general or currency

Peo Sjoblom