Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DNicolay

Default Named references broken on copied worksheet

A l'le history:

A user launches an Excel template called the 'MW Change Request'
workbook
which is made up of a cover letter-type worksheet with named ranges and
second worksheet which represents a budget sheet (detail type of the
workbook); The second worksheet references named ranges on the first
page
for header information.
The second worksheet undergoes frequent changes throughout a year,
whereas
the first one doesn't. There's VBA code written in that workbook
which
massages the budget sheet and formats it into and ASCII file that can
be
imported into our Project management application.

No problem so far.

Our users want to be able to do the following:
1.- Open up the workbook and fill out the cover sheet info, the
budget
sheet info and save it somehwere on a network drive.
2.- Sometime later they want to create another budget (brand new one)
and
have the cover letter sheet of the old workbook copied over to that
new
budget workbook, since the cover letter info remains practically the
same.

I was hoping that they could just open the old workbook and the new
budget
template and copy the cover letter from the old workbook to the new
template
and delete the current new cover letter.
Problem is that the references to the named ranges in the budget sheet
are
now broken. When I hover my cursor over the cell, it has the correct
reference (i.e. ''MW Change Request1.xls'!m_Jobname), yet the link is
broken. Any way to re-establish this?

Any other suggestion for implementing this.

Thank you

Dominique

--
DNicolay