Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic1978

Default Connect two Cells without loosing content

Hi,

how is it possible to connect two cells without loosing content of one
of those cells?

Thanks
Vicky

--
Vic1978
Vic1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28708

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If you are talking about "Merging", then the answer is no. Excel will keep
only the upperleftmost cell value when merging a range of cells.

If you are actually wanting to do something else, post back with more
specifics and someone will help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Vic1978" wrote:

Hi,

how is it possible to connect two cells without loosing content of one
of those cells?

Thanks
Vicky

--
Vic1978
Vic1978's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492705

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Vicky

A1 contains Vicky

B1 contains Lastname

C1 enter =A1 & " " & B1 returns Vicky Lastname

Copy C1 and Paste Special(in place)ValueOKEsc

Delete A1 and B1

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:22:00 -0600, Vic1978
wrote:

Hi,

how is it possible to connect two cells without loosing content of one
of those cells?

Thanks
Vicky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann

"CLR" wrote in message
If you are talking about "Merging", then the answer is no.

Not quite Chuck. As was highlighted in the NG's recently, if you merge
cells in an unused part of the spreadsheet and then use the Format Painter
from these merged cells to paint the format on to the cells that you really
do want to merge, then when these second cells are un-merged again the data
is still there!

--
Regards

Sandy

Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

"Vic1978" wrote:

Hi,

how is it possible to connect two cells without loosing content of one
of those cells?

Thanks
Vicky

--
Vic1978
Vic1978's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

INteresting Sandy, thanks for the info.......I can't even begin to imagine
the circumstances that I might want to take advantage of that feature, but
interesting nonetheless.....I'll keep it in mind, maybe something will come
up.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Vic1978" wrote:

Hi,

how is it possible to connect two cells without loosing content of one
of those cells?

Thanks
Vicky

--
Vic1978

Vic1978's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Other than as a parlor trick, I don't think you want to use
something that is undocumented (actually, I believe, contrary to
documentation). And will not survive once you unmerge.