-   -   Excel is changing the last digit to 0 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/59943-excel-changing-last-digit-0-a.html)

Heather Lisco

Excel is changing the last digit to 0

I am trying to enter some numbers into an excel spreadsheet and the program
keeps changing my last digit to 0. These are 16 digit numbers. Is there any
way to fix this? What is going on?

Chip Pearson

Excel is changing the last digit to 0

Excel is limited to 15-digit precision. To enter longer numbers,
precede the number with an apostrophe.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Heather Lisco" wrote in
message
I am trying to enter some numbers into an excel spreadsheet and
the program
keeps changing my last digit to 0. These are 16 digit numbers.
Is there any
way to fix this? What is going on?

Heather Lisco

Excel is changing the last digit to 0