Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba

Default Combining Text and numbers from two cells

Hi all

please help

i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a
text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make
aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula?

thanks
Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28639

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

A1 = 6000
B1 = aaa

=B1&"-"&A1

Biff

"koba" wrote in message

Hi all

please help

i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a
text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make
aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula?

thanks
Andrew

--
koba
koba's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492631

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nuver

If the text "aaa" is in cell b1 then type the formula below in the cell
you would like to concatenate the information into.

=B1&"-"&A1

Hope this helps
Ed

--
nuver
nuver's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10036

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rowan Drummond

Assuming aaa- is in B1 then try:
=B1&A1

Hope this helps
Rowan

koba wrote:
Hi all

please help

i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a
text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make
aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula?

thanks
Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
koba