Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carauto

Default Sales V Commission updated calculation

Hello Forum
I need a function to do the following:

I need to calculate basic wage and sales commission

Basic Wage

Sales payment per order

Sales
1 - 10 10
11 - 20 15
21 - 30 20
31 + 25

Example 1
Basic wage £0

Sales 26 units at £20 per sale = £520

Total wage £520

Example 2
Basic wage £100

Sales 25 units at £20 per sale = £500

Total wage £600

This is what I need to show as the result.

Hope someone can help

--
Carauto
Carauto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29500

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi

One way
With Basic wage in A1, number of units sold in B1
=A1+B1*10+B1*INT(B1/10)*5

Regards

Roger Govier

Carauto wrote:
Hello Forum
I need a function to do the following:

I need to calculate basic wage and sales commission

Basic Wage

Sales payment per order

Sales
1 - 10 10
11 - 20 15
21 - 30 20
31 + 25

Example 1
Basic wage £0

Sales 26 units at £20 per sale = £520

Total wage £520

Example 2
Basic wage £100

Sales 25 units at £20 per sale = £500

Total wage £600

This is what I need to show as the result.

Hope someone can help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

In A1:A4: 0,11,21,31
In B1:B4: 10,15,20,25
In C1: Basic wage
In C2: Sales units

Formula:

=VLOOKUP(C1,A1:B4,2)*C1+C2

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Carauto" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carauto

Hi Niek
This does not seem to work unless I am doing somethign wrong. Say I
have a basic wage £500 and sale of eight units. This will give a result
of wages £500 and sales commission of eight units X £10 so total wages
would be £580.

Thanks,

Martin

--
Carauto
Carauto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29500
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=492131

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

That's exactly what I get.
If you like, send me you e-mail address and I 'll send you the working
example

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten