Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tcpage

Default how do you get accents on Spanish words when working in excel????

in word, the diacriticals work fine, but in excel neither the key
combinations nor the codes nor the switching of languages with
alt/shift/space work. what's up with that it always worked on max. what's
with this "combatible" world anyway???

seems a fix for this is needed
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erin Searfoss

When I'm in Excel I have no problem using the codes. For instance Alt 135
gives me ç, Alt 130 gives me é. As long as I hold down the Alt key while I
type the numbers on the 10key pad I have no problem. Is this not working for
you?

"tcpage" wrote:

in word, the diacriticals work fine, but in excel neither the key
combinations nor the codes nor the switching of languages with
alt/shift/space work. what's up with that it always worked on max. what's
with this "combatible" world anyway???

seems a fix for this is needed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tcpage

No, this is not working for me. I don't have a number key pad on this laptop.
Someone else I talked to who has a laptop says he has to write the words in
MS Word, then cut and paste. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Shouldn't there be an easier way???

"tcpage" wrote:

in word, the diacriticals work fine, but in excel neither the key
combinations nor the codes nor the switching of languages with
alt/shift/space work. what's up with that it always worked on max. what's
with this "combatible" world anyway???

seems a fix for this is needed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Erin Searfoss

You can also use Insert, Symbols from the menu.

Or change the language setting on your keyboard, but of course you need to
know where those keys would be on the other keyboard.

Sorry I can't be of more help.