Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joe Holgersen

Default Copy same values to several cells

I am using Excel 2003 to do some temperature modelling. I have a long list of
daily average temperature. I want to create a new list where the each day is
divided into periods of 6 hours and each cell is linked to the belonging
daily average temperature. In my new list I want to connect the first five
cells to the first cell in old list, then connect the next five cells to the
second cell in the old list and so on. Since I am working with 10000 of data
I need to find a method that can be copied down the coulomm.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

Say the old list is on Sheet1, Column A.

Enter this anywhere in Sheet2, and copy down as needed, to start your new
list:

=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,(ROWS($1:1)+4)/5)

--

HTH,

RD

"Joe Holgersen" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 to do some temperature modelling. I have a long list
of
daily average temperature. I want to create a new list where the each day is
divided into periods of 6 hours and each cell is linked to the belonging
daily average temperature. In my new list I want to connect the first five
cells to the first cell in old list, then connect the next five cells to the
second cell in the old list and so on. Since I am working with 10000 of data
I need to find a method that can be copied down the coulomm.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Joe,

If your old list is in A2:A10000: