Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mon

Default protecting...

I've searched previous questions and cannot find quiet what I'm looking for.
I've created a form for my workplace - an expense form that allows employees
to turn in various expenses. I have the form set up where it has various
validations (dates, text lengths, etc), check boxes (set to unhide cells when
checked), drop down lists and conditional formatting. My conditional
formatting is conditioned upon which option they choose in the drop down list
(certain cells highlight when a topic is chosen - so the employee knows where
to fill in).
How do I go about in protecting this form? When they choose a topic in the
drop down list and the cells that need to be filled in highlight - how do I
protect it so they can't fill in the other cells? Is this possible? Also,
is there a way where they can just tab to the cell that is highlighted,
skipping the unhighlighted cells?
Hope my questions makes sense...
thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech

how do I protect it so they can't fill in the other cells?

Your macro would have to lock the cells that you do not want to allow input
in. And unlock those where you do. After that the user could press Tab to
move among the cells that are unlocked (this assume worksheet protection is
turned on).

--
Jim
"Mon" wrote in message
| I've searched previous questions and cannot find quiet what I'm looking
for.
| I've created a form for my workplace - an expense form that allows
employees
| to turn in various expenses. I have the form set up where it has various
| validations (dates, text lengths, etc), check boxes (set to unhide cells
when
| checked), drop down lists and conditional formatting. My conditional
| formatting is conditioned upon which option they choose in the drop down
list
| (certain cells highlight when a topic is chosen - so the employee knows
where
| to fill in).
| How do I go about in protecting this form? When they choose a topic in
the
| drop down list and the cells that need to be filled in highlight - how do
| protect it so they can't fill in the other cells? Is this possible?
Also,
| is there a way where they can just tab to the cell that is highlighted,
| skipping the unhighlighted cells?
| Hope my questions makes sense...
| thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc