Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blackwar

Default Sumif & subtotal

I have the following data in a worksheet
Client Currency Amount
x ‚¬ 95,000
x ‚¬ 80,000
y ‚¬ 65,000
z $ 70,000
z $ 20,000
az £ 15,000

the issue is if i use filter then the total (sum formula) will not apply on
filters it displays the amount of all entries, i can use SUMIF formula but
the problem is that there are more than one currency involved (my criteria
field), so is there any sort of combination of formula to filter the list and
get the desired result.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Use Subtotal

=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C7)

--

HTH

RP

"Blackwar" wrote in message
I have the following data in a worksheet
Client Currency Amount
x ? 95,000
x ? 80,000
y ? 65,000
z $ 70,000
z $ 20,000
az £ 15,000

the issue is if i use filter then the total (sum formula) will not apply

on
filters it displays the amount of all entries, i can use SUMIF formula but
the problem is that there are more than one currency involved (my criteria
field), so is there any sort of combination of formula to filter the list

and
get the desired result.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blackwar

thanks i already tried, sorry i should be more illustrative, actually i want
to get the result in the following format (with or without using filters), as
i mentioned that there are more than one currency involved:

cel no Client Currency Amount
a1 x ‚¬ 95,000
a2 x ‚¬ 80,000
a3 y ‚¬ 65,000
a4 z $ 70,000
a5 z $ 20,000
a6 az £ 15,000
--------------------------------
Total ‚¬ currency result
$ currency result
£ currency result

pls help

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Subtotal

=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C7)

--

HTH

RP

"Blackwar" wrote in message
I have the following data in a worksheet
Client Currency Amount
x ? 95,000
x ? 80,000
y ? 65,000
z $ 70,000
z $ 20,000
az £ 15,000

the issue is if i use filter then the total (sum formula) will not apply

on
filters it displays the amount of all entries, i can use SUMIF formula but
the problem is that there are more than one currency involved (my criteria
field), so is there any sort of combination of formula to filter the list

and
get the desired result.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

You should have said.

Assuming that column A is the filtered column, then

=SUMPRODUCT((SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET($A$1,ROW($A$2:$A$20 )-ROW($A$1),,1)))*(B2:B20=
"?"),C2:C20)

--

HTH

RP

"Blackwar" wrote in message
thanks i already tried, sorry i should be more illustrative, actually i

want
to get the result in the following format (with or without using filters),

as
i mentioned that there are more than one currency involved:

cel no Client Currency Amount
a1 x ? 95,000
a2 x ? 80,000
a3 y ? 65,000
a4 z $ 70,000
a5 z $ 20,000
a6 az £ 15,000
--------------------------------
Total ? currency result
$ currency result
£ currency result

pls help

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Subtotal

=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C7)

--

HTH

RP

"Blackwar" wrote in message
I have the following data in a worksheet
Client Currency Amount
x ? 95,000
x ? 80,000
y ? 65,000
z $ 70,000
z $ 20,000
az £ 15,000

the issue is if i use filter then the total (sum formula) will not

apply
on
filters it displays the amount of all entries, i can use SUMIF formula

but
the problem is that there are more than one currency involved (my

criteria
field), so is there any sort of combination of formula to filter the

list
and
get the desired result.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blackwar

Dear Bob
Lot of thanks & appreciation Bob, sorry not to provide the complete details,
but your professinalism is highly appreciated. Your formula is really great

thanks again

"Blackwar" wrote in message
thanks i already tried, sorry i should be more illustrative, actually i

want
to get the result in the following format (with or without using filters),

as
i mentioned that there are more than one currency involved:

cel no Client Currency Amount
a1 x ? 95,000
a2 x ? 80,000
a3 y ? 65,000
a4 z $ 70,000
a5 z $ 20,000
a6 az £ 15,000
--------------------------------
Total ? currency result
$ currency result
£ currency result

pls help

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Subtotal

=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C7)

--

HTH

RP

"Blackwar" wrote in message
I have the following data in a worksheet
Client Currency Amount
x ? 95,000
x ? 80,000
y ? 65,000
z $ 70,000
z $ 20,000
az £ 15,000

the issue is if i use filter then the total (sum formula) will not

apply
on
filters it displays the amount of all entries, i can use SUMIF formula

but
the problem is that there are more than one currency involved (my

criteria
field), so is there any sort of combination of formula to filter the

list
and
get the desired result.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

No worries, just teasing. The Euro symbol looked a bit odd in the
transcription though!

Bob

"Blackwar" wrote in message
thanks i already tried, sorry i should be more illustrative, actually

want
to get the result in the following format (with or without using

filters),
as
i mentioned that there are more than one currency involved:

cel no Client Currency Amount
a1 x ? 95,000
a2 x ? 80,000
a3 y ? 65,000