Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karl

Default Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in colum

A B C D
UPCA UPCB INVENTORY RESULT
55 55 10
56 57 9
57 56 8
90 80 4
80 90 3
17 15 2

I need a formula that will find matches between column A+B then Record the
data that is in Column C in D. B+C are related fields (fixed)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$7,B2)0,C2)

and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Karl" wrote in message
A B C

UPCA UPCB INVENTORY RESULT
55 55 10
56 57 9
57 56 8
90 80 4
80 90 3
17 15 2

I need a formula that will find matches between column A+B then Record the
data that is in Column C in D. B+C are related fields (fixed)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karl

Default Find match between 2 columns and then record data that is in c

Bob everything works except I need to add more to the formula. C2 needs to
actually represent C????. Or the C cell corresponding to the match in A.
Right now the formula is find matches in A and B and then Recording C in
numeric order. I need C to be wherever the A match is. C is always moving.
so when B2 matches A15 I need C15 to be recorded not C2.
I hope this is clear.
thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$7,B2)0,C2)

and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Karl" wrote in message
A B C

UPCA UPCB INVENTORY RESULT
55 55 10
56 57 9
57 56 8
90 80 4
80 90 3
17 15 2

I need a formula that will find matches between column A+B then Record the
data that is in Column C in D. B+C are related fields (fixed)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

How about this then

=IF(NOT(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0))),"",INDEX(A:A,MA TCH(B2,A:A,0)))

--

HTH

RP

"Karl" wrote in message
Bob everything works except I need to add more to the formula. C2 needs

actually represent C????. Or the C cell corresponding to the match in A.
Right now the formula is find matches in A and B and then Recording C in
numeric order. I need C to be wherever the A match is. C is always

moving.
so when B2 matches A15 I need C15 to be recorded not C2.
I hope this is clear.
thanks again

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$7,B2)0,C2)