Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt7102

Default Best solution to share linked excel data without endangering sourc

I have recently completed converting a cumbersome Lotus DOS report to a
modern, macro machine... I am eager to share individual summary worksheets
from a very large workbook with individual users, but am having difficulty
determining the BEST (and easiest!) way to: 1) share the location summary
for separate locations among small groups
2) Ensure integrity of the source document.

Linking the destination files, with all protection still allows users to
'open source' when updating links.( I would need to establish file
permissions to allow users to update links anyway, which would also allow
users into the source in our server environment...) Any good ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jerry Price

I would look to the Network Admin to provide read access only to users.
If not, you could set a file attribute for source to read only at the
file system level

attrib +R drive:path\filename

--
Thanks & Regards,

Jerry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Matt7102

Default Best solution to share linked excel data without endangering s

I have other workbooks that are shared among "responsible" users that needed
similar access to updating links- NA informed me that it was necessary to
give full access for link updates, but for this project I would not take this
route.