Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
UCAPERSinAlaska

Default Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?

I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook.
I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make
monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet
would fill in the following monthly tabs?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave O

The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and
then make copies of that file.

Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run
this code:

Sub Add_Tabs_From_List()
Dim Nayme As String
Dim K As Byte
K = 1

Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "" 'Loop until a blank cell is encountered
Nayme = ActiveCell.Value
Sheets.Add
ActiveSheet.Name = Nayme
Sheets(Nayme).Move After:=Sheets(K + 1)
Sheets("List").Select
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
K = K + 1
Loop

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tghcogo

You could make a master workbook, which contains all the standard data
formats, tab names etc, and save it as "yearbook master" Just make
sure you rename the new workbook when you "save as"

--
tghcogo
tghcogo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10494

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

UCAPERSinAlaska,

Don't use monthly tabs - that is poor workbook design. Instead, use one sheet with the same data
table design, but with an additional column for month - or better yet, date - and then use filters
and/or pivot tables to view and manipulate your data.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"UCAPERSinAlaska" wrote in message
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook.
I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make
monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet
would fill in the following monthly tabs?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
UCAPERSinAlaska

Default Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each mont

I have to use this design, I do not have a choice. The workbooks are not the
same in content, only that I have different users (1100) submit a month by
month submission of his/hers daily time schedules (detailed). Every user
have different jobs and responsibilities, the only thing is - I create a
years worth of sheets for each and every provider. (A lot of work).