Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
southwestpaddler

Default How do i keep the total of 3 variables constant

I want to input 3 variables into my spreadsheet, each needs to be able to be
altered but the total must never be more than 100. Can the other cells be
automatically altered to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

In what way?

a: 20, b: 50, c:30

Change 1 to 15
What should b and c be? Why? What are your "rules"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"southwestpaddler" wrote in
message ...
I want to input 3 variables into my spreadsheet, each needs to be able to
be
altered but the total must never be more than 100. Can the other cells be
automatically altered to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

<Change 1 to 15

Should of course be

Change a to 15

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
In what way?

a: 20, b: 50, c:30

Change 1 to 15
What should b and c be? Why? What are your "rules"?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"southwestpaddler" wrote in
message ...
I want to input 3 variables into my spreadsheet, each needs to be able to
be
altered but the total must never be more than 100. Can the other cells be
automatically altered to achieve this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
southwestpaddler

If a is changed b and c must change to maintain the total of 100. A possible
inclusion of an option to keep a certian variable constant would be good too.

Thanks